Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Baked Chicken Bruschetta

Hey y'all!

This week has been all about planning our dinners down to the last vegetable. My boyfriend's dad came to town last weekend, and they brought us a mountain of groceries! I'm so so so thankful, we will be eating the meat they bought us for months! I've been trying to cook all the fresh vegetables before they go bad in our fridge :)

We had an abundance of tomatoes, so I decided to make a fresh bruschetta with dinner. This recipe was the perfect fit. It tastes light and fresh, and the leftover bruschetta makes great leftovers (I made a grilled cheese with bruschetta a few minutes ago, haha).

Here's what you need:

1 package of boneless chicken breasts (I used the thin sliced chicken breasts so they cook faster)
1/2 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup crushed croutons (I used a wooden spoon)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

For the bruschetta:
3 tomatoes, diced
2 large garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or dried basil is fine too)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, then spray your baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Now I have everything ready to batter the chicken:





















I trimmed my chicken first, cutting the breasts in half. Dip the chicken into the beaten egg (I forgot to do that before taking the picture, oops) and then dip it into the flour.
Prepare a mixture of crushed croutons and parmesan cheese on another plate.





















Arrange the chicken in your baking dish, then add the crushed crouton/parmesan mix over the top. I sprayed the top of my chicken one more time with cooking spray-this makes it crispy as it bakes!
Cover it with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Your baking time depends on how thick your slices of chicken are. Mine were thin and small so they were finished in 25 minutes.





















Meanwhile, you can make your fresh bruschetta! It only takes 5 steps:
















(1) Dice up your tomatoes
(2) Mince your garlic
(3) Chop your basil
(4) Combine in a bowl
(5) Add olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix together well

Doesn't this just look wonderful?

























Once your chicken is cooked through, uncover and spoon out your bruschetta over the top of each piece of chicken. Put the dish back in the oven for about 5-7 minutes to let the bruschetta get heated through. My roommates loved it served with macaroni and cheese.

Here's what it looked like when it was finished:





























I know you and your family will love this one!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment